Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Note From a Big Sister

Big Sister Carolyn Lustfield had this to say about her Little Brother Mykel (pictured above).

"I am proud of my little. He completed his first season in football and is doing great! I saw him play in two games and had an opportunity to take him to the football banquet. His record was 800 yards and 21 touchdowns in 8 games. He played first string on several positions. He said that he enjoys keeping the team member's spirits up at all times.

My Little is in eighth grade and this is the first time he had an opportunity to play a sport whether it was in a community or in school. I have been his "Big" since he was 6 years old and many times he talked about playing football. We went to a few Steeler games over the years. One year, I even gave him a football. Now, he has a dream of playing for WVU.

He is determined to play next year and is keeping himself in shape by participating in other sports over the winter and spring. I can't wait to see him play next year!! "